Monday, November 11, 2013

Binational Emergency Medical Committee is a Scam!

Before I bought legitimate travel insurance, I first got scammed into buying something that I found in several Baja 1000 online forums and advice websites, called "Binational Emergency Medical Committee" (BEMC) or something similar.  Don't buy their stuff!  It's a scam!

What they sell is a $45 "membership" where you give over your Social security number and medical insurance policy number to total strangers who are not certified or backed by credible organizations in any way.  Would you trust strangers with this sensitive information, and pay them to take it from you?  You shouldn't.  So don't make the same mistake as me.

I will update here if I notice any fishy activity on my medical or credit records.

No comments:

Post a Comment