Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Packing for Baja 1000

One word: Layers.  There is up to 5000 ft of elevation (around 45000 total elevation change) on the route in 2013.

I put together a map that shows elevation at various points in the 2013 course.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2401859

Here's stuff I plan to bring or the other guys are bringing:

  • Flashlight - there's a lot of night time racing.  Want to make sure I stay visible, so I'm packing a headlamp.  Keeps my hands free to do other stuff.
  • Wool hat - I like wool because it's supposed to keep you warm when wet.  Turtle fur has awesome hats.
  • Go Pro cameras - you'll want video of your escapades (my team is bringing mountable versions)
  • base layers/fleece - warmness
  • car phone/kindle charger - not gonna have outlets in the desert.  Won't have service either, but i'll still have angry birds and Dan Brown for my down time.
  • hiking shoes
  • gloves
  • travel insurance card
  • passport





No comments:

Post a Comment